Thursday, September 5, 2013

::Advice Anyone!?::

September 5, 2013 Pass on some useful advice or information you learned and always remembered. The most useful advice came to me as I started the most important stage in my life, becoming a mom. I was very selfish before my boys came into my life. I cared about myself, bought things for myself all the time & chose to do things I would never do now. The day I found out I was pregnant I knew things were going to change drastically for us. When I took over another human being the night of November 11th, I was so overwhelmed. All I can say is it is a good thing I have my own mom, Trevor couldn't take days off after Carter came so my mom did & saved my life. NURSING...BREASTFEEDING. the worst thing I have ever experienced. Yes it may be the best way of feeding your baby, it may be a good way to lose weight fast after birth, & it's also a good way to cry your eyes out postpartum & think you are the world's worst mom. A week after Carter was born I decided to try pumping, I dried up about a month after he was born. That first month was Hell on Earth. I cried, Carter cried, & Trevor thought I was insane. I was crying my eyes out one night with a clogged duct in one of my breasts, my mom finally talked me into formula. I decided it would help ease my stress, Carter's crying & Trevor could help me to. Letting others help after you have had a baby does NOT mean you are a bad mom, it means you are normal!! Everyone needs help at one point in your life. It does not mean your worthless....again you are normal!!

0 comments:

Post a Comment