Friday, September 6, 2013

::February 11::

Friday, September 6: A story about a time you were very afraid. My pregnancy with Wyatt was a rollercoaster to say the least. I was never sick, which was fabulous, but at 32 weeks I started pre-term labor problems. I was babysitting a 2 year old plus I had Carter & occasionally Kam. More than enough to put me into labor I guess. I was there for 6 hours trying to stop my labor with these horrific shots. We got through that one & 36 weeks came & he tried to come again. 6 hours later & only one shot we were good to go. Just knowing that you are not full term but your baby is coming & not healthy is one of my biggest fears. The rollercoaster didn't stop there. 37.5 weeks my water broke. We were good 37-38 is considered full term. Ok great, but I dilate to a 5 & stop progressing. I'm still having contractions & with every one Wyatts heart rate was dropping. Another huge fear to hear that the umbilical cord could be wrapped around something. This kid...he still gives me grief. I ended up getting an emergency c-section & he was out in 7 minutes from the time they wheeled me to the e.r. to the time he was in trevs arms. Scariest thing ever. I had carried Wyatt for 37.5 weeks & the thought of losing him now but horrible. Neither of the dr's or nurses could figure out what was going on with his heart. He was born healthy & never had any problems since. But he's good at stressing his mommy out!!

0 comments:

Post a Comment