Wednesday, May 8, 2013

::Advice Anyone::

I have been so stubborn about things in the past and refuse help. When I found out I was pregnant with Carter I knew we were going to be great parents. It wasn't until he actually came & I really did have to be a mom. It's hard. All the sudden you go from being responsible only for yourself to having a little baby who depends on you every minute of every day. If I could give any advice, and I usually do to every new mom I know, it would be. LET SOMEONE HELP IF THEY OFFER & YOU NEED IT. I had a very very hard time with this. I felt like if I was willing to be pregnant and make this little guy healthy in my body, why can't I do it on my own when he is out of my body? It's not fair to you or to the baby to try to do this. I had a very hard time nursing. I dried up soon after Carter turned 1 month. I was pressured into thinking that nursing was the best and only way to go. It's not. I learned that the hard way. We cried and cried lots during the days and the nights. He would obviously feed off me and get upset and cry as well. It was terrible, when I finally dried up and we realized he was sad because he wasn't getting enough food I was heartbroken. MOM FAIL ONE! It was so hard to understand why your body does this to you. As soon as I got him on formula it was like a whole new life. I could let other people take him. I didn't have to be with him 24/7 to feed him. Anyone could help and it made my life a lot less stressful.

Not only does this apply to being a mommy, but it applies to life as well. Life is a whole lot simpler if you let people help you. Sometimes you spread yourself to thin and think you can do it when really you just get farther behind and more frustrated.

So let someone help you out once in a while!!!

0 comments:

Post a Comment